Searching for the best laptop for sublimation is pretty easy once you know your budget and general needs. Of course, the laptop you choose isn’t just going to be for sublimation printing, so pick a model that will serve your other requirements too.
A laptop for sublimation will need enough storage and power to run basic software, along with connectivity for hooking up to the best sublimation printer. A computer is also perfectly good to use here but if you need something compact, lightweight, and portable, you can’t go wrong with a laptop.
Best laptop for sublimation
Dell XPS 15 9500
|Check Lowest Price|
Best for beginners
Apple MacBook Pro
|Check Lowest Price|
Best value laptop for sublimationDell Inspiron 13
|Check Lowest Price|
Do you need a laptop for sublimation?
A laptop or computer is super important for sublimation printing. But why, you ask? Well, here’s the deal: Sublimation printing is a fancy process that makes cool designs on stuff like clothes, mugs, and more. It uses heat and pressure to put colorful ink onto materials like fabric, plastic, metal, and glass.
Now, here’s where the laptop comes in. To do sublimation printing, you need special computer magic. You use graphic design software, like Adobe Photoshop or CorelDraw, to create and edit your designs. Then, you print those designs onto special paper with a special printer that uses special ink. This ink is like the secret sauce that makes everything look awesome.
Your laptop is like your trusty sidekick throughout this whole process. It lets you work on your designs anywhere, whether you’re at home or out and about. So, a laptop is a must-have for sublimation printing fun!
Best laptop for sublimation: Dell XPS 15 9500
- Enjoy a 16:10 display that features a stunning edge-to-edge view, now with 922k more pixels on 4K Ultra HD-plus.
- Equipped with 100% Adobe RGB, 94% DCI-P3 color gamut, VESA certified DisplayHDR 400, and Dolby Vision, this display delivers more than 16 million ultra-vivid colors that are 40 times brighter than ever before
- With a 62% larger touchpad, 5% larger screen, and 5.6% smaller footprint, every element is carefully considered—from its inlayed stainless logos to its high-polished diamond-cut sidewalls
- Integrated Eyesafe display technology helps reduce harmful blue light.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 is tough, damage resistant, durable, elegant and allows for no flex in its display
- Super bright and crisp picture quality
- Impressive battery life, ideal for all-day use
- Excellent 1TB SSD Storage
- Durable build quality ensures longevity
- Powerful processor for handling demanding tasks
Are you looking for a laptop to take your sublimation printing game to the next level? Look no further than the Dell XPS 15 9500. This laptop is a powerhouse designed for professionals who demand top-notch performance, especially when dealing with advanced graphics and high-resolution images.
Let’s talk about its stunning design. The Dell XPS 15 9500 is a head-turner with its sleek aluminum frame and matte black finish. It’s not just a high performer; it’s also a stylish addition to any environment.
Under the hood, this laptop packs a punch. It’s armed with an Intel Core i7-10750H 10th Gen processor that can reach speeds up to 2.9GHz. It can handle the latest sublimation software and applications like a champ. Need to tackle 3D rendering, video editing, or even virtual reality gaming? No problem, thanks to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4GB GDDR6.
The 15.6-inch display gives you plenty of room to work your creative magic, and with 16GB of DDR4 memory, you can store loads of data and files without breaking a sweat. Are you worried about running out of space? Don’t be; this laptop comes with a spacious 1TB SSD.
Moreover, it boasts a long-lasting battery that can quickly get you through an entire workday on a single charge. It’s comfortable, with a fantastic screen, loudspeakers, and solid durability. The picture quality is super crisp and bright, making it perfect for watching movies and playing games.
Best laptop for sublimation beginners: Apple MacBook Pro
- BTO MacBook Pro 13.3″ with Retina Display – 61W USB Type-C Power Adapter – USB Type-C Charge Cable (2m) – Apple 1 Year Limited Warranty with 90 Day Technical Support
- Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU and 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 16GB unified memory
- 256GB SSD storage
- Lightning-fast performance for speedy sublimation printing
- Ideal for heavy multimedia usage
- Learning curve for Windows users
- Small 256GB SSD
If you’re starting with sublimation printing and want a laptop that smooths the learning curve, the Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip is here to impress. This MacBook Pro is a top choice for beginners, packed with high-end features and performance to ensure you have the best sublimation printing experience.
Let’s talk about power. The new MacBook Pro, equipped with the Apple M1 chip, is a speed demon. It boasts an 8-core CPU and an 8-core GPU, making it the fastest MacBook Pro. This means you can print at higher resolutions and achieve faster speeds, all while keeping your sublimation printing needs in check.
Storage won’t be an issue either, with a 256GB SSD and a dual-channel flash memory controller for lightning-fast data access. Connectivity options include a Thunderbolt 3 port, USB-C port, card slot, headphone jack, and a FaceTime HD camera for all your video needs.
The MacBook Pro sports a stunning 13.3″ Retina display, ensuring your designs and images look their best. It’s available in two storage options, with either 256GB or 1TB SSD storage.
Best value laptop for sublimation: Dell Inspiron
- Aspect Ratio:16:10
- WINDOW 11: Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- STUNNING VISUALS: Vivid color with less blue light on the 16:10 QHD display panel offers clearer, sharper images and accommodate more content
- FAST CHARGE: ExpressCharge recharges your battery in a flash (up to 80% in 60 minutes*)
- FASTER CONNECTIONS: Experience lightning-fast WiFi 6 and thermal design optimization with dual fans that cool the system for increased productivity
- Powerful processor and ample memory for smooth performance
- Sharp and vibrant QHD display
- Wide viewing angle for better visuals
- Good battery life for uninterrupted work
- Backlit keyboard
- Meager 512GB SSD
The Dell Inspiron 13.3″ QHD Thin light laptop is our personal favorite and a fantastic choice for all your creative endeavors. This laptop is built with sublimation printing in mind and offers a range of features to make your printing projects a breeze.
Let’s start with the display. The Dell Inspiron boasts a generous 15.6-inch QHD (2560 x 1600) screen, perfect for watching movies, playing games, and editing photos. It delivers crisp and vibrant visuals, so your designs will pop.
Under the hood, this laptop is powered by an 11th-generation Intel Core i7-11370H Quad-Core Processor. It’s a beast, running at a base frequency of 3.30 GHz and a maximum turbo speed of 4.80 GHz. This powerful processor can easily handle various programs, games, and applications.
Graphics-wise, it features an NVIDIA GeForce MX450 with 2GB GDDR6 graphics memory, capable of handling demanding games and applications. With 16GB of high-bandwidth RAM, you can run multiple applications and browser tabs simultaneously without slowdowns.
Thanks to the 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive, storage won’t be an issue either, offering lightning-fast data transfer rates. And if you need more space, you can upgrade it to a 2TB SSD.
The laptop has a backlit keyboard, making typing easier, even in low-light conditions. It also includes a fingerprint reader for added security. The port options are generous, featuring a USB Type-C Thunderbolt 4 Port, a USB Type-C Thunderbolt 4 (Full Feature) Port, and a USB 3.2 Type-A Port. Plus, it comes with a built-in Webcam and a headphone/microphone combo.
Best budget laptop for sublimation: HP EliteBook 840 G3
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- HP EliteBook 840 G3 Laptop 14″ HD Display, Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3Ghz, 256GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Webcam
- Includes: Computer, Power Supply, Warranty Instruction.
- DisplayPort, VGA, USB 3.0, Headphone output, Microphone input, LAN, Dock, Battery.
- Operating System: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit Multi-Language Support English/French/Spanish.
- Suitable for beginners with light workloads
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Impressive battery life for its price
- Not suitable for heavy workloads
- Limited 256GB SSD storage
Quality and affordability meet in perfect harmony with the HP EliteBook 840 G3. Suppose you’re looking for a budget-friendly laptop to kickstart your sublimation printing journey. In that case, this refurbished gem should be on your radar. It’s certified by Amazon-qualified vendors and has a reassuring 90-day guarantee, ensuring a risk-free choice.
Despite being a budget option, the HP EliteBook impresses with its quality. Everything looks and feels like new, from the screen to the body and touchpad. The laptop sports an Intel Core i5-6200u processor running at 2.3GHz with two cores and four threads. Now, suppose you’re planning heavy-duty work or business tasks. In that case, this may not be your best pick due to its limited multitasking capabilities. However, it’s a solid choice for beginners or those with lighter workloads.
One of its standout features is portability. It’s a lightweight champ with a 14-inch screen and a weight of just 3.31 lbs. You can effortlessly slip it into your bag and work from anywhere. Its compact size and lightweight design make it a versatile companion.
The laptop packs 16GB of RAM, which is excellent for smoother performance compared to cheaper alternatives. However, when it comes to storage, it has a 256GB SSD. While this might seem smaller in front of 1TB SSDs, it’s still decent, especially for sublimation tasks like photo editing. You might want to explore other options if your needs include heavy multitasking or business use.
Surprisingly, the laptop boasts better battery life than expected for its price range. It can last three to five hours on a single charge, defying the odds in its budget category.
Best touchscreen laptop for sublimation: HP Pavilion x360
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (13) (when available, see below)
- VIBRANT DISPLAY – Your creations are brought to life with the 14-inch diagonal Full HD (1920 x 1080) multitouch enabled, edge-to-edge glass display. Video Playback Battery life-Up to 10 hours and 45 minutes
- STELLAR PERFORMANCE – The 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (1) processor lets you get work done more efficiently
- EYE-CATCHING GRAPHICS – Marvel at crystal-clear imagery thanks to Intel Iris Xe Graphics (2)
- MEMORY & STORAGE – HP Envy brings you even more bandwidth with 8 GB of RAM and increased hard drive space with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (3)
- Powerful processor for smooth performance
- Fast charging technology keeps you on the move
- High-resolution display for sharp visuals
- Responsive Touchscreen and smooth touchpad
- Long-lasting battery for all-day use
- Only 8GB of RAM
- Small 256GB SSD
If you’re searching for a laptop that can handle your creative tasks and keep you entertained, the HP Pavilion X360 14″ Touchscreen laptop might be just what you need. This laptop is perfect for enjoying the latest movies, music, games, and graphic design.
Let’s talk about that display. A realistic 14-inch screen boasting Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) brings images, videos, and webpages to life with sharp detail. Whether working on your designs or indulging in entertainment, this laptop has got you covered.
Under the hood, it’s equipped with 8GB of RAM, ensuring you can multitask without the fear of running out of memory. And with a speedy 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, you’ll experience fast data read and write speeds. Plus, it features HP Fast Charge, delivering up to 50% battery power in just 45 minutes, keeping you on the move without long charging breaks.
Worried about battery life? Don’t be. This laptop can keep up with a maximum battery life of up to 9 hours, meaning you can work and play all day without scrambling for a charger. It’s also an excellent photo and video editing choice, thanks to its built-in webcam and microphone.
Speaking of convenience, the Touchscreen is smooth to use and not overly sensitive, making it perfect for when you’re on the go. The touchpad is smooth and responsive, and the backlit keyboard adds a nice touch.
Best laptop for sublimation buying guide
If you want to learn more about sublimation printing and need a laptop, there are some important things to consider.
Here’s what you should consider when buying a laptop for sublimation printing:
The size of your laptop screen matters. A bigger screen lets you print better images. For example, if you want to print a 10×20 cm image, you need a laptop with a screen resolution of about 1440 x 720 pixels. For a 20×20 cm image, you’ll need around 1920 x 1080 pixels.
If you plan to print a lot, get a laptop with a fast processor. It helps you print faster, saving time and money. Look for a processor speed of 2.0 GHz or more. Laptops have different processors like Intel Core i3, i5, or i7. The latest one is usually best, but you can consider cheaper options if you’re on a budget.
The resolution is about how clear your prints are. Higher DPI (dots per inch) means better quality. Most laptops have DPI ratings of 200 or 240, which correspond to different print sizes.
A laptop with good battery life is important, especially if you’ll be printing a lot on the go. Look for at least 8 hours of battery life, preferably 12 hours or more.
Your screen size affects how much of your image you can see simultaneously. For big designs, like t-shirts, a screen size of 15 or 17 inches is best. Smaller prints may work with a 13.3-inch screen.
While saving money is good, remember that the laptop’s quality is crucial. Prioritize the correct screen resolution, processor speed, and battery life over price. You can find good options on a budget, so do some research.
Affordability matters, but don’t sacrifice quality. Making an intelligent choice ensures your laptop supports your sublimation printing needs without costing too much.
Best software for sublimation
Let’s discuss five of the best software choices for sublimation printing:
Visme is a perfect tool for sublimation. It’s super easy to use, with a drag-and-drop feature that doesn’t require any tech expertise. You get an extensive library of design stuff like graphics, fonts, and colors. This is like a digital craft store open all the time. You can mix and match these things to make your sublimation designs. It’s great because you can always find something that fits your project.
Lightburn is specially made for laser cutters. You can unlock all its features by getting a GCode License Key. It’s easy to use and works on Windows, Mac, or Linux. You can customize settings like power and speed and send your designs right to your laser cutter. This is a good choice for beginners.
This software is easy to use and has vector drawing and photo editing tools. It’s excellent for sublimation printing and works on Windows and Mac.
Canva is a free online tool for creating visuals quickly. It has templates, images, and fonts to help you. It’s perfect for beginners.
Sawgrass Creative Studio
This software is for professional sublimation printing. It’s perfect for making colorful designs on clothes, mugs, and more. It comes with access to lots of sublimation images. It works well with Sawgrass Print Manager to set up your printer and manage colors.
To sum it up, picking the best laptop for sublimation printing can make your creative work much smoother. We’ve discussed a range of options to suit different needs, whether you’re a pro seeking top-notch performance or a beginner looking for an easy start. The Dell XPS 15 9500 shines with its powerful performance and beautiful display. Meanwhile, the Apple MacBook Pro with its M1 chip is great for newcomers. The Dell Inspiron 13.3″ QHD strikes a balance between power and portability. The budget-friendly HP EliteBook 840 G3 offers quality without breaking the bank. Lastly, the HP Pavilion x360 combines power, high-resolution visuals, and ease of use.
When choosing your ideal laptop for sublimation, remember to think about screen size, processor speed, resolution, battery life, and physical size. While the price is important, prioritize quality to ensure your laptop helps your sublimation work. Whether you’re