If you’re an arts and crafts lover, there is little need to explain Cricut, however, you may want to start sublimation, showing off, or even selling your work. The best sublimation printer for Cricut makes crafting easier, more enjoyable, and could help you turn your hobby into a business.
Many people like to spend their free time using a Cricut machine to print and cut designs. But if you want to share those designs in style, you need the best sublimation printer for Cricut. Sublimation printing is a cool way to put your designs on t-shirts, keychains, and mugs.
If you use a Cricut machine, you know that having a good printer is important for the Print and Cut feature but choosing the right one for your needs can be tough. Don’t worry; we’ve done the research for you and listed five great printers that work well with the Cricut Prints.
BestEpson EcoTank ET-15000
|Check Lowest Price
|Check Lowest Price
For beginnersEpson SureColor P700
|Check Lowest Price
Best Cricut Sublimation Printer: Epson EcoTank ET-15000
- Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. Use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s ltd. wnty.
- Save up to 90 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles vs. ink cartridges (1) — about 1 cent per color ISO page vs. about 20 cents with cartridges (1).
- Epson EcoTank is the No.1 Best Selling Supertank Printer
- Versatile paper handling — print up to 13″ x 19″ through rear feed; copy and scan up to 8. 5″ x 11″ (via the scan bed) or 8.5″ x 14″ (via the ADF).
- Print for up to 2 years with each included or replacement ink bottle set (2) — each set includes enough ink to print up to 7,500 pages black / 6,000 color (3); you could save dollars 620 with each one (1).
- Large print media capacity of 13” x 19”
- Cartridge-free printing with large ink tanks
- Durable and reliable for sublimation paper projects
- Requires conversion
- Relatively expensive compared to other options
- It might be too much in terms of price and durability for home use
Suppose you’re looking for the ultimate printer to work with your Cricut for sublimation projects. In that case, the Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is a top choice.
The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is a high-end printer that meets all the criteria for a perfect companion to your Cricut. It can handle a variety of materials, including sublimation paper.
One of the standout features of this printer is its wireless connectivity. You can print from anywhere in your space without worrying about wires. Its value is impressive with its ability to handle challenging print jobs.
The printer offers a high resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI, ensuring your prints come out sharp and vibrant. It’s designed for efficiency, featuring cartridge-free printing with large ink tanks. This not only saves money but also makes it eco-friendly.
With a maximum print size of 13 x 19 inches, you have the flexibility to work on larger projects.
Best Budget Cricut Sublimation Printer: Canon Pixma G3260
- Enjoy an ink savings of 1,175 and experience high yields of up to 6,000 black / 7,700 printed pages with a single set of color bottles. Plus, your printer comes with 2 bonus black ink bottles.
- Print both documents and photos on a variety of paper types using a hybrid ink system with pigment black for sharp black text and dye-based colors for vivid borderless3 photos up to 8.5” x 11”. With fast print speeds and a flatbed scanner, this wireless All-In-One can handle printing, copying, and scanning with ease.
- Connect and print wirelessly from your compatible mobile device.
- For disclaimers see“SPECIFICATION SHEET” in technical specification section below.
- Never run out of ink or toner. Connect your printer to Alexa and receive notifications when you’re running low. Alexa can even place a smart reorder from Amazon on your behalf, if you enroll in smart reorders.
- Affordable price
- Cartridge-free printing with large ink tanks
- Excellent print quality for its price
- Not the best choice for fabric or canvas printing
If you’re a crafting enthusiast on a budget, the Canon Pixma G3260 is an excellent choice for a Cricut sublimation printer.
The Canon Pixma G3260 is a budget-friendly option that checks all the boxes for a great Cricut companion.
Despite its budget-friendly price, the Pixma G3260 boasts a print size capacity of 8.5 x 14 inches and a high resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI. It uses large ink tanks instead of cartridges, which is cost-effective in the long run.
User reviews have consistently praised the print quality of this printer, making it a reliable choice for home crafters or small-scale sellers. While it might not be the best option for printing on fabric or canvas, it excels in most other aspects.
Best Cricut Sublimation Printer for Beginners: Epson SureColor P700
- Outstanding image quality and color — all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors
- No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — dedicated nozzles for both black ink types — no switching needed
- New 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead — consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy
- Easy printing from smart devices — print color-managed files directly from your iOS device (1) using an easy-to-use interface
- New Carbon Black Driver Technology — all-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
- High-resolution and print quality
- Easy setup and user-friendly operation
- Touch-screen interface
- Relatively higher price range for a home printer
Suppose you’re new to the world of sublimation with Cricut and are looking for a top-notch printer to enhance your projects. In that case, the Epson SureColor P700 is an outstanding choice.
The Epson SureColor P700 is the best sublimation printer for beginners for Cricut Print and Cut projects. Among numerous printers considered for Cricut compatibility, the SureColor P700 emerged as the top choice due to its remarkable quality, durability, and versatility. While it might not be the most budget-friendly option, its print quality, ability to handle thick cardstock, and diverse materials justify its price.
With a media size capacity of up to 8.5 x 14 inches and a high resolution of 5760 x 1440 DPI, the SureColor P700 can tackle a wide range of crafting projects. Its construction ensures durability and delivers excellent print quality across various materials.
It’s important to note that while the SureColor P700 is an exceptional choice for crafting, it might not be the best starter printer due to its mid-to-high price range. This printer is better suited for serious hobby crafters or small-shop professionals looking for top-tier performance.
Best Cricut Sublimation Printer for Mugs: Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Your family needs a printer that’s fast, affordable, and easy to use. That’s why we developed the EcoTank ET-2720 – an innovative cartridge-free solution that uses high-capacity, easily refillable ink tanks. So you’ll worry less about running out of ink, and save a lot on replacement ink1. The ET-2720 features genuine Epson print quality, a high-resolution flatbed scanner, and convenient color display – making it the ideal basic home printer.
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink cartridges; Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles make filling easy and worry-free
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges (1) – that’s enough to print up to 4,500 pages black/7,500 color (2), equivalent to about 90 individual ink cartridges (3)
- Stress-Free Printing — Up to 2 years of ink in the box (4) – and with every replacement ink set – for fewer out of ink frustrations
- Zero Cartridge Waste – By using an EcoTank printer, you can help reduce the amount of cartridge waste ending up in landfills
- Superb print quality
- Exceptionally low running costs
- Compact and lightweight design
- Lacks automatic document feeder (ADF) and auto-duplexing
- No Ethernet connectivity or memory card support
- Limited paper capacity
If you’re seeking the ultimate sublimation printer for creating stunning mug designs with your Cricut machine, the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 is a superb choice.
The Epson EcoTank ET-2720 emerges as an outstanding sublimation printer, perfect for turning your Cricut mug creations into captivating works of art. While it may not boast the swiftness or elaborate features of other all-in-one printers, it excels in producing high-quality prints at an impressively low cost.
Measuring a mere 7 by 14.8 by 13.7 inches and weighing just over 13 pounds, the ET-2720 is one of the most space-efficient all-in-one printers available, particularly among bulk-ink models. When compared to the Epson ET-4760 and Canon G6020, both of which are larger in all dimensions and weight, the ET-2720 stands out for its minimal footprint.
The ET-2720 is available at a lower price point than its counterpart, the ET-2760. The latter comes with additional features such as SD card support and voice activation through platforms like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, but these are absent in the ET-2720.
The control panel of the ET-2720 consists of a 1.44-inch non-touch color display, navigated using arrow keys and essential buttons for navigation and control. One notable limitation is the absence of an automatic document feeder (ADF), meaning that copying and scanning are primarily suited for one-sided, single- or dual-page tasks, unlike the more comprehensive capabilities of models like the Epson ET-3760 and ET-4760.
Epson rates the ET-2720 at entry-level speeds of 10.5 monochrome pages per minute (ppm) and 5 ppm for color prints. While not the fastest, it performed admirably in tests, delivering a Microsoft Word document at 10.2 ppm.
The printer’s output quality is impressive, producing legible text with well-shaped characters and accurate spacing. It excels in reproducing complex graphics and images with minimal flaws, making it suitable for a range of home-based office and creative projects.
Best Compact Cricut Sublimation Printer: Brother MFC-J995DW
- Up to 1 year of ink in box: Using the MFCJ995DW cartridges provided, get exceptional savings and uninterrupted printing for up to 1 year(1)
- Inkvestment tank system: Reengineered ink cartridges hold more ink and work with an internal ink storage tank to deliver uninterrupted printing. Operating System Compatibility- PC-Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7,Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 Mac- OS X v10.11.6, 10.12.x, 10.13.x
- Eliminate ink replacement guesswork: Brother intelligent Page Gauge(2) lets you know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount remaining
- Mobile device printing: Desktop and mobile device wireless printing using AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother and Wi Fi Direct(3)
- For use with brother genuine inks: LC3033: LC3033BK, LC3033C, LC3033M, LC3033Y, LC3035: LC3035BK, LC3035C, LC3035M, LC3035Y
- Automatic dual-sided printing
- Wireless printing from various devices
- Wide compatibility with devices
- Extra ink tank for cost-effective printing
- Initial setup may take some time
Suppose you’re searching for a compact yet versatile sublimation printer for your Cricut. In that case, the Brother MFC-J995DW All-In-One Printer deserves your attention.
The Brother MFC-J995DW is an inkjet printer that may not directly function as a sublimation printer but can be transformed into one for your Cricut projects. Despite its compact size, this printer packs a punch with high-quality printing and customization capabilities.
One of the standout features of this printer is its tank technology, which allows you to print for an entire year without worrying about ink cartridges. The re-engineered INKvestment tank cartridge offers long-lasting ink storage, eliminating the need for frequent ink purchases.
With wireless compatibility, printing becomes a breeze. You can easily print from your mobile devices like iPhones, iPads, or Android devices, freeing you from the hassle of wires and cables. Moreover, the printer supports automatic dual-sided printing, enhancing its efficiency.
How to Choose a Cricut Sublimation Printer
Let’s discuss some important things to consider when picking a Sublimation printer for your Cricut Print and Cut projects.
Some might want a printer to print on tough things like vinyl, fabric, or canvas. Others might be fine with printing on paper and cardstock. There are a few more areas you should mull over before making any purchase:
Inkjet or Laser?
There are two types of printers: inkjet and laser. For Cricut Print and Cut, you should go with an inkjet printer. Laser printers can only print on regular paper. If you use Cricut materials like sticker paper or vinyl, a laser printer might cause problems. It could make the materials melt and damage the printer and your work. Remember, although the name “LaserJet” sounds like it, it’s not a good printer for Cricut’s sublimation Print.
Able to Handle Different Types, Sizes, and Weights of Material
The printer you use for Cricut Print and Cut might need to print on various materials like cardstock, vinyl, sticker paper, and more. Most inkjet printers can handle these, but some do better with certain materials like fabric. If you print a lot on fabric, canvas, or thick cardstock, get a strong printer with high-quality printing.
Printers can cost a little or a lot. It’s important to pick one that has what you need but also fits your budget.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Cricut Sublimation Printer
This section provides invaluable insights to help you maximize the capabilities of your Cricut sublimation printer, ensuring your projects turn out beautifully.
Uploading and Adapting Designs
To begin, learn how to upload designs to Design Space that you’ve acquired from sources like Etsy. Import and adjust these images using the complex image option to retain all colors. Remove unnecessary parts to prepare the design for printing and cutting.
Crafting Custom Patterns
Delve into crafting your unique patterns within Design Space. For example, using mug templates, you can build intricate designs by layering patterns, images, and text. Incorporate pre-existing patterns or create your own by importing them. Adjust the pattern’s size, apply it to your image, and even combine patterns for distinct visual effects.
Text Offsets for a Stylish Touch
Explore the offset feature and text customization to enhance your sublimation projects. Offset text creates stylish borders, giving your designs an extra dimension. You can play with colors, patterns, and shapes to craft one-of-a-kind text effects. The process involves choosing the appropriate thickness, welding, and arranging elements to bring your vision to life.
Overcoming Print Size Limitations
Discover a workaround for print size limitations by exporting your design as a PDF. Suppose a project is flagged as incompatible due to print and cut area constraints. You can save the project as a PDF instead of sending it directly to your printer. This allows for more flexibility in resizing and adjusting the design to fit larger substrates.
Fine-Tuning for Quality Results
Achieving optimal sublimation results involves paying attention to small details. Remember to mirror your image before printing, a crucial step to ensure the design appears correctly on the final product. Additionally, select high-quality settings to ensure the best outcome when printing on sublimation paper.
Mixing and Matching Elements
Mix and match elements like patterns, images, and fonts to craft unique sublimation designs. Combine these components to create cohesive, eye-catching visuals that resonate with your style and project goals.
This guide highlighted the best Cricut sublimation printers for various needs. Each printer has special features from high-end like Epson EcoTank ET-15000, budget-friendly Canon Pixma G3260, versatile Epson SureColor P700, and specialized Epson SureColor F570 for mug crafting. The compact Brother MFC-J995DW is also valuable. Whether new or experienced, these printers can improve your Cricut sublimation.