~ ORDER YOUR INSPECTOR STAMPS BELOW ~
Get your very own inspector stamps and start making a name for yourself all over the place.
Designing these little devils will take some care and attention to detail. The live image area is a circle 5/8" (15.87mm) in diameter which is smaller than a dime. As shown above left, type can become totally illegible when inked and stamped if not well designed. Extreme simplicity is best as can be seen in the image on the right.
Below is a bunch of additional information about the things. Please read it so you know what you are dealing with. We did not write this stuff just to hear ourselves spouting off.
- We do not offer any design or artwork services. If you are not a designer you would be well advised to hire one and tell them to read all the excruciating info below.
- Outside dimension of the rubber stamp is a 3/4" (19mm) circle. However, a 1/16" (1.6mm) clear safety area is needed around the entire outside of stamp. This makes the live image area a 5/8" (15.87mm) circle.
- We only offer the one size of inspector stamp as described above.
- A 5/8" (15.87mm) circle is a tiny area to work within especially in molded rubber which is going to be inked and stamped. Do not cram too much into the space and make sure nothing is too fine or small to hold. This includes negative white space and letter spacing. Any linework finer than 1 point may break up. Any white space finer than 1.5 point may fill in. Those are the laws of nature not ours.
- Small type that is too bold is in danger of filling in. Pay attention to your type choices, kerning and the negative spaces in the fonts you select.
- When you've completed your design, test print it at actual size on an inkjet printer on plain paper settings. If it looks like hell keep in mind your final stamp and stamped image will look even worse.
- Look at working in the tiny space as an interesting creative challenge keeping in mind points 1 through 6 above.
- We reserve the right to reject any design or artwork that we determine is unsuitable for the medium or small space. If your artwork is rejected you can revise it at your own expense and resubmit it to us. If we feel your revised artwork is still not suitable we will not proceed with any production and your order will be refunded.
- File formats accepted include Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Quark preferably saved as a PDF.
- Vector artwork saved as PDF files are preferred.
- Convert all type to outlines before sending files.
- Select Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities box when saving PDF copy.
- If you must supply TIF files they must be Bitmap minimum 300 dpi (600 dpi preferred).
- JPGs are for amateurs. Save them for your FB profile. We don't want them.
- Each stamp ordered comes filled with a choice of black, red or blue ink. If you are ordering more than one stamp and want different colors for each one it should be indicated along with your artwork submission..
- Online ordering of inspector stamps only applies to projects that meet the specifications above. Request a custom quote for special pricing on large quantities of more than 125 stamps.
- Price shown below does not include shipping which will be calculated at checkout.
- NOTE: Even though the inspector stamp cases (which are manufactured by others) are made to be portable and have a cap which seals well, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that one could leak if someone for example did not push the cap on tightly. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the stamps to be leak proof. We advise against carrying the stamps in pockets of fine clothing and we are not responsible for any damage that occurs should an inspector stamp leak for whatever reason.
Send an e-mail and we will try to help you.
SEND ARTWORK FILES.
E-mail digital artwork files at your convenience after placing order. Include your PayPal Unique Transaction Number in the e-mail with your artwork. Order confirmation e-mail will also contain details on artwork submittal.
Stamps will ship within 10 working days of receipt of order and approved artwork files.
Every stamp comes with the pad inked up. The pads are small so just add a few drops of ordinary rubber stamp ink when needed. We've got ink if you need some. Add a 10cc bottle of Refill Ink to your cart for just $3.75 each before placing your stamp order.